© Victor Reinhardt
Follow us on
is a member of
announces auditions for
Auditions for Agatha Christie’s The Hollow
on Saturday, March 22
and Sunday, March 23 2014
at the Westchester Playhouse
Kentwood Players will hold auditions for Agatha Christie’s The Hollow
on Saturday, March 22 from 12noon-5pm
and on Sunday, March 23 from 6-9:30pm
with callbacks on Monday, March 24 from 7-10pm
at the Westchester Playhouse, located at 8301 Hindry Avenue, Westchester, CA 90045.
Performance dates are May 16 to June 21, 2014 for a six week run on Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm
with Sunday matinees at 2pm.
The production is directed by George Kondreck and produced by Arlene Cohen and Sheldon Cohen
produced by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc.
The Hollow is a 1951 play by famed crime writer, Agatha Christie, based on her 1946 book of the same name.
The action takes place in the garden room of Sir Henry Angkatell’s estate, The Hollow, about eighteen miles from London.
His wife Lucy has invited several people for a weekend, but when John Cristow turns up murdered,
Inspector Colquhoun and Detective Sergeant Penny are called in to solve the crime.
As usual, Christie throws plenty of twists and turns in the way before the murderer’s identity and motive are revealed.
Please come to the auditions prepared with headshot and resume. No advance appointment required to audition. Script sides of monologues and short scenes will be provided at the auditions. Rehearsal schedule will be posted in the lobby during the audition period, so please bring your calendar to list scheduling conflicts. Callbacks will include additional scenes from the script and some improvisation. For further information or copies of the audition script sides, please email the director, George Kondreck,
- Sir Henry Angkatell
- A distinguished-looking, elderly man who owns “The Hollow”. He is a Knight Commander of the Bath (K.C.B.), aristocratic, without “airs”, dotes on Lucy. Age 60+
- Lady Lucy Angkatell
- 60, Henry’s wife, very charming, aristocratic-looking woman, completely vague, absent-minded and forgetful but gracious with a lot of personality, speaks in a stream-of-conscious manner.
- Henrietta Angkatell
- Cousin of Henry and Lucy, a handsome young woman, intelligent, practical, sculptor, having an affair with John.
- Midge Harvey
- Mid-twenties, second cousin of Lucy, delightful young woman making her own way in the world, in love (hopelessly) with Edward.
- 50+, butler, very proper, loyal, old school, takes great pride in running the household just so, veteran of WWI.
- Edward Angkatell
- Mid-thirties inherited the family estate at Ainswick, because he’s male and Lucy isn’t. Hesitant and awkward with women, he’s in love with Henrietta.
- 18 – 21, maid-in-training, lower class, trying to please, but afraid of Gudgeon.
- Gerta Cristow
- 30-35, wife of John, dim-witted, out-of-her element in this high society., depends on her husband for all decisions.
- John Cristow, M.D.
- Mid-late thirties, distinguished in his field but more interested in the disease than the patient, womanizer, aloof.
- Veronica Craye
- 30’s, movie star, gets what she wants, falsely charming, previously engaged to John, and wants him back.
- Inspector Colquhoun, C.I.D.
- Mid 30’s. A thoughtful, quiet man with charm and a sense of humor. His personality is sympathetic; a good listener.
- Detective Sergeant Penny
- 30 – 50. A professional policeman, intelligent but more blunt that the Inspector. Has better luck questioning women than men.
To meet The Hollow production team and learn more about Kentwood Players, the public is invited to attend our general membership meetings, which are free and held on the third Wednesday of each month at
7:30 pm at the Westchester Playhouse located two blocks west of the San Diego Freeway and two blocks north of Manchester at 8301 Hindry Avenue in Westchester, CA 90045.
If you would like to receive information about Kentwood Players
upcoming shows and auditions via email, please submit
your request by clicking here:
Watch this page for further updates.